Tuesday 23 December 2014

Haywire by Angela Biera

Amazon CA     Amazon US     Kobo


RATING: 4.5 STARS


I've read a lot of books. I've read a lot of books with graphic violence and adult content. I'm not sure there was much preparing me for the emotional gutting I took in this book. I knew it was coming, I saw the patterns. It just hit hard when it did. It's definitely an appropriate name for this story.

This is the story of Sophie James, and her group of friends, Chloe, Madison, Cole, Landon and Liam. A relationship blossoms between Sophie and Landon. It moves fast, due to Landon's wicked good looks, and smooth talking charm. Faster than Sophie can really get a handle on. Chloe, Madison and Cole are none-the-wiser of Landon's smooth talking ways, figuring Landon just has one smart mouth. Liam though, he knows something isn't right. He tries to talk to Sophie and she shuts him out. Until the night when everything goes HAYWIRE. Sophie feels like she has nowhere to turn, except to turn to Liam for help.

This book leaves us on one serious cliffhanger. The second installment is due out January 16th. It was a fantastic read, the story line was well written, and plays well into the life of a bunch of college students. I am in desperate need of reading the second part. If you can handle this delicate topic in your reads, then I definitely recommend you pick this one up!

Keri


*** You can find the review of the second book in this series "High Wire" here.

No comments:

Post a Comment